Wednesday 6 April 2011

ITALIANATE NEW BUILD HALE CHESHIRE SPACE CREATION DESIGN BY LAURA MCCREE


I was commissioned to Interior Design an Italianate New Build in Hale Bowden...when the project was presented to me the internal space creation had completely no representation of the type of build.  The internal layout, fixture and fittings where like all the other new build that where {and are} popping up around Cheshire}...no design or thought process..just ticking the boxes 5 rooms 5 en suites kitchen study drawing room media room etc....Boring easy ...and most of all not desirable.
I wanted to give my client my all, and present to him that the Interiors- space creation of this property could be more like a journey and complete representation of the type of build....
I re designed the complete layout to the property, putting my complete heart & soul into the design. I wanted to show all of Cheshire how a 10,000 sq ft mansion should look like... creating more of an interesting path or journey within the property.  Injecting architectural features that where true to the type of build as well as creating unique designs i.e. stair case inlays of gold to stone floor decorative architraves & skirting with specialized finishes then there was the study!..I wanted this room to look like it had just spent a year travelling around the world...Articulate! I wanted people to feel this space not just see it...
All areas to this house and particularly this space are bespoke...it’s a painful process to give birth to an idea and making it happen is WAR!!


Giving Birth to an idea is the easy part...but getting your vision across to client and 
finding a company to make your idea happen sometimes can be the biggest challenge of all....
but it is worth it in the end..Just believe in yourself and your vision

The main staircase to this property was the first vision I got...when presented with the challenge of designing this Italianate property..The main staircase was a good starting point as it framed so many of this properties star features.
he work that went into this staircase was commendable to all parties

No comments:

Post a Comment