Wednesday 6 April 2011

HAND PAINTED TEA ROSES DESIGNED BY LAURA MCCREE


HAND PAINTED TEA ROSES DESIGNED BY LAURA MCCREE
7 years ago...I found the most beautiful Italianate villa deep in the Hills of Tuscany {starting to sound like the start of a romantic novel}...buts its true!...The property being slightly run down...but when I walked around this amazing house I found one room the ground floor lounge..It had amazing high ceilings arched windows with these beautifully hand painted roses crawling all round the walls and windows....I was memorized...slightly warn and aged but still beautiful
I Then came home and decided to experiment on my own wall...they looked amazing and everyone entering into my home commented on them...I then Interior Designed a clients Dining Kitchen area In Hale Cheshire this turned out to be the perfect place to paint these climbing Tea roses they look amazing....then a nursery in Prestbury Cheshire....The way the Tea Roses get painted onto the wall growing out of the corners then spreading themselves delicately around the room takes the squareness away from the room....
then frames the furniture...looks stunning without consuming alot of space
I promised I would never Interior design another room with these Roses again after I learnt that people where copying them ...I didn’t mind the fact they copied this idea is was more the fact they did it very badly...
so I thought no more Tea roses...
The I had this awkward spare room to Interior Design with sloping ceilings.....I wanted to inject a wall finish that didn’t enhance the awkwardness of this space...creating a feature wall would of done this...plus I am not a big fan of feature walls as we all ready know...
I then presented the idea to the client using the hand painted Tea roses but instead of the traditional rose pinks...let’s work with the colours of the room Coppers peacock greens and purples...
the client agreed and the rest is visual history....BEA utiful....





No comments:

Post a Comment